Tuesday, April 22, 2008

North and South Along 23


On Friday I traveled South to New Boston for a Digital Camcorders and Film Projects class. The five participants were great and made films of everything from shoes, to prom prep to basketball. They were nice enough to take me with them to Arby's for lunch. The drive proved fairly eventful as the Malt Shoppe in Waverly chose that exact morning to catch fire and Route 23 was shut down. I was diverted around the burning building and had to be careful not to hit any of the curious pedestrians milling about and watching the building burn. New Boston is very far south so I had my first view of the Ohio river since last spring when I went to Arkansas.
Today I travel the other direction on Route 23 to Marion where I will meet with a group of pre-service teachers to explain the ins and outs of webquests. I look forward to sharing the fun with them and asking about ways they think we can incorporate Web 2.0 tools for the next generation of webquests.
Happy Earth Day to everyone.
Try these webquests for an Earth Day activity http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/lesson/lesson307.shtml
or
http://www.geocities.com/gradeone_ca/Lessons/earthday.html

and remember every day is Earth Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you take the picture?